Sr. SQL Database Developer - ETL
Apply for Job
Date: Apr 28, 2015
Location: Austin, TX, US
YP products are backed by one of the industry's largest local advertising sales forces made up of several thousand media consultants and other resellers.
You will join a team of software engineers based mostly in Austin, TX. The team is engaged in architecting, designing, and implementing online advertising solution platform. The team enjoys substantial freedom in choosing the right technology for the platform. As an integral member of this team you’ll be participating in making core design decisions, implementing them in code, optimizing the performance of the code, and resolving production incidents.
- Design, develop, maintain, document, analyze, test and modify robust, scalable backend software systems and infrastructure based on and related to system design specifications.
- Support cutting edge machine learning research by building prototypes, running experiments, evaluating ideas and turning those prototypes into production grade systems.
- Work with distributed cloud-based environment
- Define, design and implement solutions for high-performance systems using emerging technologies.
- Consistently monitor and improve code coverage using Test Driven Development techniques.
- Document code and system designs.
- Provide application support and systems maintenance.
- Identify root causes of issues and provide remediation strategies to resolve them.
- Perform research and analysis and write reports.
- Identify areas and opportunities to improve the product quality and its performance.
- 5-7 years of experience programming in distributed, complex Unix/Linux environments.
- Working knowledge of open source development tools and technologies
- Strong scripting skills (SQL, bash, perl, python, etc) as well as ability to program and integrate with C/C++ code.
- Experience with Java and related tools
- Experience identifying and addressing performance and scalabilty issues.
- Demonstrated strong software process discipline.
- Demonstrated experience delivering customer focused and results base solutions with the ability to close out projects completely.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills is a definite plus.
- Some background in statistics and data exploration/analysis is desirable, but not required
- Some background in internet advertising is desirable, but not required
- Bachelors / Master’s degree in Computer Science or related engineering field required.
YP is at a critical and unique stage as an organization; with a new executive team, significant investment backing and an entrepreneurial spirit we are set up to claim a larger hold on the US digital, online and mobile marketplace. As a multi-billion dollar local search, media and advertising company, YP brings together one of the industry's most successful digital companies, the largest local ad network and a cross-country sales presence of thousands of media consultants.
As we continue to expand our leadership in the mobile local ad market we find ourselves with several distinctions including; ranking among the top 50 digital media companies in the world, owner of the 31st largest website (YP.com) and a top 40 mobile app (YPmobile). To learn more about joining our exciting team check us out and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
YP LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Posting Notes: Information Technology || Austin || Texas (US-TX) || United States (US) || YellowPages.com LLC SF:LI-AS1
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Job Segment: Database, Developer, SQL, Social Media, Engineer, Technology, Marketing, Engineering
Apply for Job
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.