Sr. Software Engineer (Java)
Date: Oct 9, 2013
Location: Glendale, CA, US
Come shape the strategic vision at YP.com. YP Holdings (“YP”) is one of the largest local search, media and advertising companies in North America. YP.com generated approximately $3.3B in revenue in 2011, and there is a controlling interest in YP by an affiliate of Cerberus Capital Management, L.P. We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer in our Glendale, CA, office. Join our dedicated and talented team of individuals all focused on creating the best products in the marketplace.
Our Platform Data Services group (PDS) designs, builds, and maintains the infrastructure responsible for collecting, processing, and warehousing YP’s traffic data metrics. These metrics are consumed by many different groups including Executive Leadership, Analytics, Advertiser Reporting (internal and external), Engineering, and R&D. PDS's core distributed processing platform is Java-based and leverages Hadoop. Data is typically stored in HDFS, HBase, Vertica, traditional relational databases, and live streams. The PDS group is looking for a talented software engineer to help build the next generation processing and platform capabilities, and data driven applications on top. This position has the ability to make a huge impact on the future of our business.
• Collaborate with product and engineering to create high performing, scalable systems for traffic data collection
• Develop real-time and batch processing applications
• Build APIs to expose data collections to a wide array of consumers
• Work with the data science team to prep, prototype, and implement statistical models
• Turn high-level requirements into finished products
• Implement detailed requirements to spec
• Participate in code reviews
• Document and communicate software development best practices
• Expert knowledge of Java (5+ years)
• Expert knowledge of SQL and traditional databases (5+ years)
• Proficiency in unix/linux based environments (5+ years)
• Experience with large datasets and text processing
• Experience with REST services and APIs
• Experience with performance profiling
• Experience with Hadoop/MapReduce a plus
• Experience with HBase a plus
• Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team in a fast-paced environment
• Extreme attention to detail
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits including a matching 401(k), bonuses, and a casual yet high-energy work environment. Send us your resume today.
YP LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segments: Developer, Java, Engineer, Software Engineer, Advertising, Technology, Engineering, Marketing