Share this Job
Sr. Software Engineer (Java)
Date: Oct 4, 2013
Location: Glendale, CA, US
Come shape the strategic vision at YP.com. YP Holdings ("YP") is one of the largest local search, media and advertising companies in North America. YP.com generated approximately $3.3B in revenue in 2011, and there is a controlling interest in YP by an affiliate of Cerberus Capital Management, L.P.
We currently have an opportunity for a Sr. Software Engineer in our Glendale, CA, office. Join our dedicated and talented team of individuals all focused on creating the best products in the marketplace.
Are you looking for a fast moving, creative environment where you can use your expertise and creativity to develop and market cutting-edge interactive and digital products? Do you want to work in a startup-like organization, while delivering a product that runs one of the largest advertising initiatives on the web? YP is one of the largest local search, media and advertising companies in North America. The company creates local search and advertising products that encourage consumers to discover and engage with local businesses across online, print and mobile platforms. YP's suite of local offerings includes its flagship products YP.com, YP Local Ad Network, the popular YPmobile app and The YP Real Yellow Pages®, the largest print directory in the world by advertising revenue. YP.com, which attracts over 30 million monthly online unique visitors, is also accessed by millions of users each month via the mobile web.
The YP(SM) Local Ad Network helps advertisers grow their business and distributes ads to a distinguished list of top publishers. YP's wide range of local ad products such as premium listings, performance-based advertising, direct mail and search engine marketing provides advertisers an opportunity to increase their presence among consumers who are looking for a local business. YP's advertising products address the diverse needs of nearly a million local businesses and help drive tens of billions of dollars in local commerce annually.
YP products are backed by one of the industry's largest local advertising sales forces made up of several thousand media consultants and other resellers.
You will join a team of software engineers based mostly in Glendale, CA. The team is engaged in designing, architecting and implementing online advertising solution platform. The team will be responsible for working on the backend side of the system. The team enjoys substantial freedom in choosing the right technology for the platform. As an integral member of this team you’ll be participating in making core design decisions, implementing them in code, optimizing the performance of the code, and resolving production incidents.
• Design, develop, maintain, document, analyze, test and modify software applications and programs based on and related to system design specifications.
• Define, design and implement solutions for high-performance systems using emerging technologies.
• Consistently monitor and improve code coverage using Test Driven Development techniques.
• Document code and system designs.
• Provide application support and systems maintenance.
• Identifies root causes of issues and provide remediation strategies to resolve them.
• Perform research and analysis and write reports.
• Identify areas and opportunities to improve the product quality and its performance.
• 5-7 years of experience using J2EE, Spring, Java, SQL and Oracle
• Demonstrated experience in creating and consuming web services
• Demonstrated strong software process discipline
• Demonstrated experience delivering customer focused and results base solutions with the ability to close out projects completely
• Demonstrated team leadership skills is a definite plus
• Bachelors / Master’s degree in Computer Science or related engineering field required.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits including a matching 401(k), bonuses, and a casual yet high-energy work environment. Send us your resume today.
YP is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segments: Developer, Java, Database, Oracle, Engineer, Technology, Engineering
Find similar jobs: