Share this Job
Sr Database Administrator
Date: Dec 13, 2013
Location: Glendale, CA, US
We currently have an opportunity for Sr. Database Administrator in our Glendale, CA, office. Join our dedicated and talented team of individuals all focused on creating the best products in the marketplace.
The Senior DBA role is largely responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. Some of the primary responsibilities include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents, as well as fulfilling user requests, reviewing service related reports (e.g: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations, and working with engineering teams to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems. The position requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers, adhering to and enforcing change control processes in deploying production changes and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
• 5+ years of experience in administration and support of large Oracle database systems.
• Strong and verifiable experience in all facets of Oracle 10g/11g database administration, including, but not limited to, data partitioning, performance tuning, streams replication, standby database, connectivity, and security.
• Strong knowledge of UNIX/Linux based operating systems and substantial experience in troubleshooting CPU, memory and I/O issues at the OS level.
• Experience in database and operating system tuning and SQL optimization; must be familiar with latest Oracle optimizer features.
• Strong SQL development skills and ability to write and troubleshoot advanced SQL code (stored procedures, functions, views, and triggers)
• Strong working knowledge and understanding of SAN technologies, such as Netapp, HP, EMC or similar storage systems.
• Experience with writing advanced Korn/C-shell scripts.
• Oracle 10g/11g RAC experience
• MySQL database administration experience
• Working knowledge of Vertica or similar grid-based database technologies
• BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits including a matching 401(k), bonuses, and a casual yet high-energy work environment. Send us your resume today.
YP is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segments: System Administrator, Database, Engineer, R&D Engineer, Oracle, Technology, Engineering
Find similar jobs: